Excerpt from wikipedia: Bath Rugby Football Club is one of the oldest clubs in existence, having been founded in 1865 by members of Lansdown Cricket Club in Bath (founded 1825) for ‘something to do in the winter'. This is the reason why the club colours of the two clubs are identical. With an original home base at North Parade, Bath then led a nomadic existence during the 1800s playing at Claverton Down, Lambridge Meadows, Taylor’s Field and Henrietta Park. They then leased a plot of land at Pulteney Meadow where today’s Rec stands.
On 14 April 2010, Bath Rugby announced a change of ownership and set out exciting and ambitious plans for the future of the club.