Blue Sky Enabling Job Vacancies
Job Title: Live In Female Enabler / Support Worker / Carer x 2
Location: Bath & NE Somerset
Salary: £7 per hour
Contract Type: Perm / Part Time
Sector: Social Care
All CV’s to – email@example.com
We are working on behalf of Blue Sky Enabling to fill these vacancies based in Bath and Winsley. There are several part time positions, all permanent employed positions working as part of a team to support clients on alive in basis.
Blue Sky Enabling specialise in flexible person-centred services that enable people with complex needs to live lives of their own choosing as included members of the community.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 part time Live In Female Enablers / Support Workers / Carers to join Blue Sky Enabling to provide enabling support to clients on a live in basis in Bath and Winsley:
- E is a lovely lady with dementia resulting in some confusion. She has difficulty managing her continence without prompting and when she has an accident she can become quite distressed and critical of herself. She doesn’t need or want someone with her all the time, and currently has live in carers doing shifts from 5.30pm until 11.45am the following morning, 7 days a week. She needs someone to join her team to work 2 shifts at the weekend Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday. Wages £133 per week, £6,916 per annum.
- R is a lively gentleman with early onset Alzheimer’s. He lives with his wife. He has a great sense of humour and loves to go out on walks, to museums and out for coffee. When home he likes to play on his Wii, watch Pointless and comedies. He loves to help with cooking. R and his wife would like a live in carer to work part time Friday morning until Wednesday morning, with 46 contact hours a week so that the wife has some respite support. Wages £322 per week, £16,744 per annum
As a Live In Female Enabler / Support Worker / Carer your duties will include:
- Working 1:2:1 with clients in a person-centred way as set out in their Individualised Support Plan. Enabling clients to pursue leisure interests that they enjoy and to develop and maintain relationships and engage in community in a way that that enhance their quality of life. Providing direct and practical support to enable them to meet their needs, including cooking and help maintaining their home to acceptable standards of health and safety.
- You will encourage and support clients to participate in activities that they like and are an important part of living an engaged life and that bring them happiness and joy. In doing so you will be working in an environment where no two days are the same and where you get real job satisfaction!
An ideal Live In Female Enabler / Support Worker / Carer will:
- Bring a diverse range of relevant skills, knowledge and experience of working with people with complex needs.
- Be responsible, honest and trustworthy.
- Have a good sense of humour, friendly manner, sensitive approach and the ability to empathise.
- Good listening, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to engage effectively with people who have different communication abilities.
- Good written, verbal and IT skills.
- A commitment to and understanding of Enablement.
- Due to the nature of the role you MUST HOLD A FULL DRIVING LICENSE AND HAVE ACCESS TO A CAR.
Due to the nature of the role, this is for females only.
Blue Sky Enabling provides staff with a supported working environment that includes enhanced DBS, funded comprehensive on-line and practical training and assessment to recognised qualifications, 1:2:1 monthly professional supervision and appraisal, holiday pay and statutory sick pay.
In return you will receive wages of £7 per hour with shifts on a fixed rota covering weekdays and weekends.
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 5pm Wednesday 11th March
INTERVIEWS: commencing Thursday 12th March
START DATE: ASAP